6.12.2012

Wehadababy. It'saboy.


Have you ever seen that commercial where the son is calling home from a payphone or something, and he doesn't want to pay so he just says "We had a baby. It's a boy" but the words are all run together? Anyway, Devin's been saying that lately.
But yes, we did have ANOTHER baby. And it's a boy! :) Haha. Welcome to the world Gavin. Here's the story..
So my doctor didn't even check me at 36 weeks 5 days. Almost 37 weeks. Can you believe it? Well, I was disappointed because I just wanted to see if I was making any progress. Well, the next 2 appointments were even more disappointing. NO CHANGE AT ALL. I cried after both appointments because I assumed he would come at least 10 days early like Liam did. Anyway, I was just expecting to go over my due date at this point. Crying to Devin every night. Looking up at least 5 times a day what kind of tricks I could do to go into labor. The problem with that was that your cervix had to be somewhat changed in order for anything to work. So I was depressed.
Well, Saturday the 26th came along and Devin and I packed up and headed to seven peaks. It's about a 10 minute walk. It was opening day at seven peaks and it was FREEZING. Thank goodness the water was pretty warm. Liam had a blast playing. I did a little swimming too. :) Then we started our walk home. First contraction! I got excited but didn't believe it. I kept having random contractions throughout the day up until 5pm when I had hard contractions about every 3-5 minutes. So I knew I was in labor. We called Jessica and she came over and stayed the night with Liam. Devin and I headed to the hospital. I really wanted to stop at the store and buy a new toothbrush and some chapstick. Devin wouldn't let me...But we got to the hospital (Orem Community) and I was dilated to a 3. An hour later I was a 4 and 90% effaced or something. I got my epidural around midnight. Got checked an hour later and was a 5. Doctor came in (all tired..haha.) and broke my water and started me on pitocin. An hour later I was fully dilated and fully effaced and READY to push!!!! I was really happy. Everything went soooo fast compared to my experience with Liam. Thank goodness. By the way- sometimes I tell myself in my head that I'm going to try the whole labor and delivery thing natural. But it will never happen and I Don't recommend it. Epidurals are awesome and I enjoy NOT feeling like i'm going to die for a minute every 2 minutes. :) Haha.
Well, the doctor came in. He was making jokes and being funny throughout the whole experience. And a couple pushes later and I had a baby!! Gavin Dennis LeBaron was born at 2:58 a.m. weighing 7 lbs 12 oz and measuring 21 inches long. Apparently they are right when they say your second kid is usually bigger (Gavin was 1 oz and 1 inch bigger than Liam).
First time to hold my new baby boy.


 keep in mind, the picture below was taken around 4am. One tired momma.
 Liam didn't want to be held down.
 Bath time! He hated it! haha.
I don't have too many pictures from the hospital. Devin was in charge and, well, he doesn't love taking pictures..so most of them are from my phone! My friend Richelle also did a photo-shoot of some newborn pics of Gavin, so i'll post those soon! Ahh, many more posts to come on this sweet baby boy!

2 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS, GUYS!!! We're so happy for you and your beautiful, new little boy. I'm glad things went so well. I love the photos, especially the one of Brittany holding Gavin for the first time; that is priceless. You both look so beautiful. Sure love you guys and can't wait to meet Gavin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe! I love him already! And you look so stickin good for 4:00 in the morning and just having a baby. =) Can't wait to meet him and see you guys. Love you!

    ReplyDelete