10.27.2011

San Francisco

So I feel like it has been a little while since I have posted, but I didn't feel like anything too exciting was happening! Anyway, last Wednesday my sister-in-law Jessica came home from her mission!!! It was so good to see her. I didn't take any pictures at the airport, but she looked so good and it was so fun to see her! I'm so happy she is home!
Then on Friday I went to the airport at 7pm to go to California. One of my best friends from high school got married in the Oakland temple on Saturday. The good news is that my mom and her mom were best friends too so my mom came out!! Anyway, Liam did really well on the planes. I seriously have told myself I am not flying alone with him every single time I fly, but apparently I forget all about it until I am in the airport chasing him around. I was most scared to get to San Francisco. My mom's plane wasn't going to get there for an hour after mine so I had to get my 2 carry on bags, the stroller, carseat, and my checked suitcase. Then I had to find a shuttle and get to our hotel. But- it all went really smoothly...
Saturday we woke up and had breakfast and got ready to drive to the temple. I had Chelsie's sister Audrey watch Liam while we went into the temple. The sealing was beautiful. It made me wish Devin could be there. Anyway, then we took pictures and had lunch and drove to the reception (about 2 hours away). We passed a ton of vineyards. They were awesome. It was really pretty. Well, we took some pictures at the barn where they had their reception. Chelsie did an awesome job decorating. Everything looked SOOO good. I wish I would have taken some good pictures...

Liam with grandma at the wedding
Me and Liam on the swing at the reception
Waiting outside the temple
Chelsie and Brian, just married!!!

Anyway, then we drove back to the hotel and went to sleep.
The next day we found a sacrament meeting to go to. We went at 9am and then came home so Liam could take a nap. He felt like he needed to wake up every morning at 6am. ah. Then we drove around California. Haha, we wanted to find a beach to walk along. So we ended up driving around this mountain, but we got lost and found some awesome red wood tree's. They are so huge! It was this little neighborhood we were driving through and seriously the trees were growing out of people's porches and everywhere. Well, we ended up finding our way. The drive was so pretty. We got to the beach and Liam had so much fun. He kept trying to run out into the ocean...making me nervous. He fell over every time the water would come up to shore. So funny. And the place we were at had a shark advisory. Apparently there had been attacks by a great white shark in 6 feet of water there. So I made sure not to let Liam get out that far :) Then we had dinner and drove home.
The beautiful scene from our mountain drive.
Golden Gate Bridge
Shark advisory!
On the beach.
On Monday we had to wake up early and go park down by the piers. We went on a boat tour of San Francisco and then shopping and then to Alcatraz. It was so neat. Alcatraz was really interesting. The whole time I was thinking of the movie the Count of Monte Cristo. lol. But it was just really neat. Liam got bored, so he fell asleep for some of the tour :) They had this really cool audio tour where it told you where to go and all about the prison and history. I really recommend going there sometime. After alcatraz we went to eat at some seafood restaurant. Yum Yum. Then we went home and to bed.
This was isolation. For the worst criminals. They would get locked up here without any lights on for a long time...Your average living space at alcatrazWhat used to be prision for the country's worst people!

Showers. Super gross.

My mom and Liam on the boat
this was "isolation" for the worst criminals. They didn't get to have any lights on or do anything all day.
The prisoners were allowed to play baseball.
Me and Liam on the boat back to shore

Next morning we had breakfast and hurried to the airport. We all made our flights, and Liam didn't sleep on either of the planes. Well, just kidding. He fell asleep the minute we landed our first plane...and woke up when we got on the second plane. What a good boy. Oh, and apparently if the President is within 70 miles of the airport, nobody can move. So we almost missed our transfer flight in L.A.
Anyway...it was an awesome trip. I'm so glad I got to go to the wedding and I'm really glad that my mom was there. And that we stayed to play a few extra days. It was a ton of fun!!!! But..i'm glad to be back home with the hubs! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment